A look at the cleverly executed and incredibly popular children’s music series, spawning a slew of imitators. #childrensmusic #kids #infants
Back in 2006, a new series geared to infants and very young children, Rockabye Baby!, was introduced. In the series, a number of different studio professionals, using multi-tracked recording, created lullaby versions of some of the biggest music acts on the planet. Over a decade and a half later, the series now boasts over 80 different titles, including two each by the Beatles and U2. This series also started a major trend in children’s music that had previously not been mined.
For those of you who have not heard them, these interpretations are far from the Muzak-inspired elevator songs of the 1970’s: there is obviously a great deal of love for each of the artists covered, including using some very interesting yet soothing sounds to replicate the feel of the original releases, including a personal favorite, a squeaking rubber duck.
The members of Nirvana once stated they had felt they had “made it” when Weird Al Yankovic had parodied them in 1992. I would alternately suggest that superstar status would befall any artist that has been covered by this series. I had seen these titles often at my previous place of employment, but had yet to hear a single one of them, and was very curious to what actually they sounded like.
Get ready, children of the revolution: this may be the cutest show I will ever produce.
- Don’t Stop The Music, Lullaby Renditions of Rihanna, 2016*
- Dance Dance, Lullaby Renditions of Fall Out Boy, 2015*
- Yellow Submarine, More Lullaby Renditions of The Beatles, 2009**
- Little Red Corvette, Lullaby Renditions of Prince, 2012*
- Like A Virgin, Lullaby Renditions of Madonna, 2011+
- Big Pimpin’, Lullaby Renditions of Jay Z, 2013*
- 2112: Overture, Lullaby Renditions of Rush, 2013*
- Rumor Has It, Lullaby Renditions of Adele, 2016*
- Go Your Own Way, Lullaby Renditions of Fleetwood Mac, 2015*
- Billie Jean, Lullaby Renditions of Michael Jackson, 2013*
- Sugar Magnolia, Lullaby Renditions of The Grateful Dead, 2015+
- How Soon Is Now?, Lullaby Renditions of The Smiths, 2012+
- London Calling, Lullaby Renditions Of The Clash, 2014*
- The Number of the Beast, Lullaby Renditions Of Iron Maiden, 2016*
- Born to Run, Lullaby Renditions Of Bruce Springsteen, 2014*
- Strangelove, Lullaby Renditions Of Depeche Mode, 2012*
- Paranoid Android, Lullaby Renditions Of Radiohead, 2006#
- Bohemian Rhapsody, Lullaby Renditions of Queen, 2009++
+Steven Charles Boone
++Leo Flynn II
Love to you all.
Ben “Daddy Ben Bear” Brown Jr.
Host, Show Producer, Webmaster, Audio Engineer, Researcher, Video Promo Producer and Writer
“Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for ‘fair use’ for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.”